Fundamentals of chemistry
9th chemistry chapter 1 solved exercise MCQs
1. Industrial chemistry deals with the manufacturing of compounds :
(a) in the laboratory
(b) on micro scale
(c) on commercial scale 🗸
(d) on economic scale
2. Which one of the following compounds can be separated by physical means :
(a) mixture 🗸
3. The most abundant element occurring in the oceans is :
(a) oxygen 🗸
4. Which one of the following elements is found in most abundance in the Earth’s crust ?
(a) oxygen 🗸
5. The third abundant gas found in the Earth’s atmosphere is :
(a) carbon monoxide
(d) argon 🗸
6. One amu (atomic mass unit ) is equivalent to :
(a) 1.66e-24 mg
(b) 1.66e-24 g 🗸
(c) 1.66e-24 kg
(d) 1.66e-24 g
7. Which one of the following molecule is not tri-atomic ?
(a) H2 🗸
8. The mass of one molecule of water is :
(a) 18 amu 🗸
(b) 18 g
(c) 18 mg
(d) 18 kg
9. The molar mass of H2SO4 is :
(a) 98 g 🗸
(b) 98 amu
(c) 9.8 g
(d) 9.8 amu
10. Which one of the following is a molecular mass of O2 in amu ?
(a) 32 amu 🗸
(b) 53.12e-24 amu
(c) 1.92e-25 amu
(d) 192.64e-25 amu
11. How many number of moles are equivalent to 8 grams of CO2 ?
(b) 0.18 🗸
12. Which one of the following pairs has the same number of ions ?
(a) 1 mole of NaCl and 1 mole of MgCl2
(b) 1/2 mole of NaCl and 1/2 mole of MgCl2 🗸
(c) 1/2 mole of NaCl and 1/3 mole of MgCl2
(d) 1/3 mole of NaCl and 1/2 mole of MCl2
13. Which one of the following pairs has the same mass ?
(a) 1 mole of CO and 1 mole of N2 🗸
(b) 1 mole of CO and 1 mole of CO2
(c) 1 mole of O2 and 1 mole of N2
(d) 1 mole of O2 and 1 mole of CO2
- The detailed solution of these mcqs is given in this video :
If you have any confusion / question . Ask me in comment section .
Don’t forget to like , subscribe and share .
Give your reviews in comment section